Help from counseling centers

Professional counseling centers and intervention offices

These are counseling centers for women who are experiencing domestic violence.

You can find the counseling centers here.


When can a counseling center help you?

  • If you want to talk about it:
    This is what happened to me.
  • If you experience violence.
    And you don’t know yet what you can do.
  • If the police has come to you because of domestic violence.
    Maybe you pressed charges.
  • Maybe the police sent the perpetrator away.
  • Maybe you have separated from your partner.
    Because he threatened or hit you.
    But he does not leave you alone.
    He continues to harass you.
  • If you need counseling and help.
    Even for a longer period of time.
  • Maybe you know another woman who is experiencing violence.
    And you want to help the woman.
  • Counseling centers also help women from other countries:
    Maybe you are experiencing violence at home.
    Or in an asylum.
    But you are afraid to separate from your partner.
    You are afraid:
    That you will no longer be able to live in Germany.

The employee of the counseling center can help you with all these problems.


How can you reach the counseling centers?

  • You can call a counseling center.
    Or you can send a text message.
  • You can also send an e-mail.
  • You can also send a fax.

You don't have to tell them your name.
If you don't want to.


Where to go from here?

You will make an appointment for a meeting in the counseling center.

If you want, you can bring someone to accompany you.

A person you trust.

If you want.


An employee will talk with you:
About your questions and problems.


If you speak little or no German, an interpreter will be there.

She will translate:

What you say.

And what others say to you.

The staff member at the center will also help you
at court or at authorities, for example.

If you need help.


The counseling center also offers legal counseling.
For instance on these questions:

  • What are your rights?
  • Who will receive custody of the children?
  • What will happen to your residence rights?
    If you are from another country.
  • How can you file charges against the perpetrator?
  • Do you need an attorney?
    Who knows the law.
  • What will happen in court?


Counseling centers also have programs for children.

Children can be given help here, too.

Then you can speak in peace and quiet.


If you need protection, the staff member will also help you. She can help you find a women´s shelter.

Or another place in a home.