What types of domestic violence are there?
Many people think that violence means hurting the body.
But there are many types of domestic violence.
Any type of violence harms the body.
Or the soul.
- When someone hits you.
- When someone pushes or kicks you.
- When someone chokes you.
And you cannot breathe.
- When someone insults you.
- When someone tells you whom you can meet.
- When someone tells you how you should dress.
- When someone scares you.
- Or threatens you:
That he will take the children away.
That he will hurt you.
That he will send you away.
From the house.
Or even out of the country.
- If someone touches you when you don't want them to.
- When you are told to touch someone
and you don´t want to.
- If someone forces you to watch porn.
When someone has sex with you when you don't want to. And you said "No".
- If someone locks you in.
- When you are not allowed to leave the house on your own.
- When you are not allowed to use the phone.
- When you are not allowed to speak to other people.
That is also violence:
- When you are not allowed to to work.
- When someone takes away your money.
- When you are not allowed to go to a language course.
- When you love a woman and your family forbids it.
- When you are forced to marry someone you don't like.
Any kind of violence is very damaging.
Your body can become ill as a result.
Or your soul.
- You can´t sleep well any more.
- You often have headaches.
Or stomach pains.
- You´re often sad.
- You no longer want to live.
- You harm yourself.
Then you must seek help.
That is important.
Violence does not stop by itself.
It often gets worse.
But you can do something about it!
Tell other people about it.
- Talk to someone you trust.
Talk to a female friend about it.
Or with a female work colleague.
Contact a social worker in the refugee camp.
- Go to the police.
- And to a counseling center.